Shared Ride Program: The Area Agency on Aging operates the Shared Ride Program, administered by the PA Department of Transportation and funded by the PA Lottery. The demand responsive transit program (CART) is available to the public at full fare. The Shared Ride Program provides transportation at reduced rates to persons 65 years of age and older to destinations for medical appointments, social service appointments, shopping, senior centers, etc. in Huntingdon, Bedford and Fulton counties. (Zone 1), and to contiguous counties (Zone 2). Reservations must be made at least a day in advance and persons are encouraged to reserve trips days, weeks and months in advance. Transportation is on a first come, first served basis and delivery of service is based on driver availability, cost effectiveness and coordination. Trips may be denied if unable to meet the above criteria. The Shared Ride Program pays 85% of the fare, the Agency pays a portion and the passenger pays the remaining balance.
Fares: Zone 1: $15.00 per one way trip. Shared Ride co-pay is $1.75 per one way trip. Zone 2: $30.00 per one way trip. Shared Ride co-pay is $4.50 per one way trip. Trips to and from a local senior center are free.
Persons With Disabilities Program (PwD) The Agency also operates the Persons with Disabilities Program which allows individuals age 18-59 with disabilities to access affordable transportation through the Shared Ride Program. The Shared Ride Program pays 85% of the fare and under the PwD program the passenger pays the remaining 15%. The co-pay under the PwD program for Zone 1 is $2.25 and Zone 2 is $4.50 per one way trip.
Area Agency on Aging Persons 60-64 also have reduced fares through the Area Agency on Aging. The co-pays are the same as the Shared Ride Program.
MATP HBFAAA also provides transportation under the Medical Assistance Transportation Program. (MATP). This transportation is for persons receiving medical assistance through the Department of Public Welfare and is only for medical and pharmacy trips. The medical facility or pharmacy must accept the ACCESS card for the trip to be funded by the MATP program. These trips are fully funded by the Department of Welfare and no co-pay is charged.
HSDF Limited funding is available through the Human Services Development Fund for reduced fare transporation for low income persons age 18-59. These co-pays are also the same as the Shared Ride Program. Only medical or social service agency appointments are eligible under this program.
Hours of Operation 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. No weekends or holidays. Service may be limited prior to 8:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. based on driver availability, cost effectiveness and coordination.
Reservations 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, no weekends or holidays.
CART Offices Huntingdon County: (814) 643-5700 or 1-800-999-8364 Bedford County: (814) 623-9484 or 1-800-333-9004 Fulton County: (717) 485-4899 or 1-800-999-0748 Saxton Area: (814) 635-3653 or 1-800-999-0748
To Contact Us:
Huntingdon Office: (814) 643-5115 or (800) 528-9155 Bedford Office: (814) 623-8148 or (800) 892-7903 Fulton Office: (717) 485-5151 or (800) 637-0315