CART

CART Senior Transportation

CART Senior Transportation

Bedford, Fulton & Huntingdon County, PA

The Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging operates the CART Shared Ride Program throughout all of Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton County, PA. CART is a public transportation service available to all individuals, with a special focus on serving the aged and disabled. It is administered by the PA Department of Transportation and funded by the PA Lottery.

This responsive on-demand transit program transports persons with a wide range of needs to many places, including:

  • Medical Appointments
  • Social Service Appointments
  • Grocery Stores
  • Post Offices
  • Shopping
  • Transportation to Senior Centers

CART Fare Information

FARES

The Shared Ride Program provides transportation at reduced rates to persons 65 years of age and older. The Shared Ride Program pays 85% of the fare, the Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging pays a portion, and the passenger pays the remaining balance as a co-pay. Several programs provide transportation through the Shared Ride Program. Fares for each are listed below:


Zone 1
(Includes Huntingdon, Bedford & Fulton Counties)


Full Fare (not aged or disabled): $20.00 per one-way trip

60+ (Shared Ride & HSDF) co-pay: $1.75 per one-way trip
Disabled (PWD) co-pay: $3.00
Low-income Eligible (MATP) co-pay: $0

Zone 2
(Includes the adjoining counties of Blair, Cambria, Centre, Franklin, Mifflin, Juniata,
and Somerset in Pennsylvania, and Allegany and Washington Counties in Maryland)

Full Fare (not aged or disabled): $30.00 per one-way trip
60+ (Shared Ride & HSDF) co-pay: $4.50 per one-way trip
Disabled (PWD) co-pay: $4.50
Low-income Eligible (MATP) co-pay: $0

Trips to and from your local senior center are $1.00 co-pay each way.

Persons 60-64 pay reduced fares courtesy of the Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging.  The co-pays are the same as the Shared Ride Program.


Rides are available to the public at full fare.

CART Reservations

RESERVATIONS REQUIRED

Reservations must be made at least a day in advance. You are encouraged to reserve trips days, weeks, and months in advance. Transportation is on a first-come, first-served basis. Rides are based on driver availability, cost effectiveness, and coordination. Trips may be denied if they are unable to meet the above criteria. 

Reservations


Reservations may be made from 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday. 
We are closed weekends and holidays. Call 1-800-333-9004 or 814-635-3653 to make a reservation.

Hours of Operation


Transportation is available from 4:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday.  
No transportation is available on weekends or holidays

CART Ride Programs

MORE ABOUT THE RIDE PROGRAMS

Persons With Disabilities Program (PWD)


The Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging operates the Persons with Disabilities Program which enables individuals aged 18-59 with disabilities to access the affordable transportation services offered by Shared Ride Program. The Shared Ride Program pays 85% of the fare and through the PWD program, the passenger pays the remaining 15%. 



MATP


The Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging provides transportation under the Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP). This transportation is for persons receiving medical assistance through the Department of Public Welfare and is for medical and pharmacy trips only. The medical facility or pharmacy must accept the ACCESS card for the trip to be funded by the MATP program. These trips are fully funded by the Department of Welfare and no co-pay is charged.



HSDF

Limited funding is available through the Human Services Development Fund for reduced fare transportation for low income persons age 18-59. These co-pays are also the same as the Shared Ride Program. Only medical or social service agency appointments are eligible under this program.

No trip takes priority. Transportation is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Shared Ride program requires reservations to be made one day in advance; however, persons are encouraged to make reservations days, weeks, or months in advance. No same-day service will be provided. This is a shared-ride program, therefore, for rides must be coordinated with other rides. Persons may have to go earlier than their appointment and may have to wait to be picked up from their appointment. The amount of time that anyone should have to wait is expected to be no more than 45 minutes; however, wait times may vary significantly. Drivers must assist every passenger in and out of the vehicle. They are required to be courteous, kind, and respectful. For safety reasons all passengers are required to wear a seatbelt. Tobacco, drug, and alcohol use on the vehicle is prohibited. Our fleet consists of accessible small transit buses, vans, and minivans.



CART Offices

Call Central Dispatch:
1-814-635-3653
1-800-333-9004