Walk-In Services

Walk-In Information

Walk-In Information & Referral Services

Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging

The Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging offers many types of information and referral services of interest to older adults throughout all of Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton County, PA. Services are available on a walk-in basis with no appointment necessary.

  • Assistance Filling Out Applications for Benefits & Services
  • Program Referrals
  • Information

General Walk-in Support
If you are an older adult aged 60+, your local county office of the Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging can connect you with all of the programs and services designed just for you. Our staff can help you get in touch with representatives from local, state, and federal agencies that can provide you with many types of valuable assistance.

Assistance is available to help you complete paperwork for benefit applications, financial programs, Medicare and Medicaid services, home healthcare services, food stamps, Rent & Property Tax Rebates, PACE, and more.



Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly (PACE & PACENET) — Helps pay for prescribed medications for Pennsylvania residents 65 years of age or older. Income guidelines apply.

PA Lottery

Rent & Property Tax Rebates

Property Tax & Rent Rebates — Reimburses up to a maximum of $650 annually to persons who are 65, widows and widowers over age 50, and permanently disabled people aged 18 and over. Income guidelines apply.

If you would like to apply for PACE and/or Property Tax & Rent Rebates, you must file each year. Applications may be obtained at Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging, this website, your local senior center, state legislator’s office, and the Pennsylvania Department of Aging in Harrisburg. PACE Applications are also available at most pharmacies. Contact Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging for more information on these programs

Assistance Program Information


LIHEAP is a program that helps older individuals with lower incomes pay heating bills and stay warm throughout the winter. Cash grants are available, as well as crisis grants to assist with repair and replacement of heating equipment, fuel shortage, shut-offs, and impending utility service termination. Grants do not have to be repaid. You do not have to be on public assistance to qualify; however, you must meet income eligibility guidelines. You do not have to have an unpaid heating bill. Both renters and homeowners are eligible for LIHEAP grants.


AARP leads the way in protecting the rights of adults over age 50 and empowering people to choose how they live as they age. Membership offers access to an abundance of information, as well as valuable discounts, health, wellness, travel, dining, entertainment, and advocacy services. Members enjoy the satisfaction of participating in an organization with a rock-solid focus on supporting access to the security of a middle-class lifestyle in retirement and beyond.

Love INC

If all resources are exhausted and need remains, Love INC of Bedford County steps in to ensure that no one falls through the cracks. This valuable resource offers relief while teaching individuals the practical living skills necessary to better help themselves going forward. This Christian organization is a privately funded enterprise that operates through caring members of the local church infrastructure. It is not a public welfare program. The program provides access to the Wheels Away wheelchair-accessible van and Transformational Housing for the homeless, a short-term emergency rental property subject to fulfilling the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ. Additional services are provided based on availability and may include laundry service, clothing and food assistance, as well as furniture for those in need. Reach out. Take His hand.


Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free help with the preparation of one’s own personal tax returns. Eligibility is extended to those who earn less than $55,000 per year, have a disability, or limited English language proficiency.

Application Help

Application Help

Assistance is available for seniors who would like assistance completing many types of forms including LIHEAP, Food Stamp, Medicaid, PACE, and Rent & Property Tax rebate applications. We can also assist area residents by providing information about, and referrals to, local, state, government, and private organizations, such as AARP and Love INC, that are committed to helping those in need of additional services.

Call or visit your local county office of the Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging to request help.